On average, the life expectancy of a refrigerator-freezer or chest freezer is 16 years old. Freezer typically last anywhere from 12 to 20 years. Along with the gas and electric ranges, freezers tend longest kitchen appliances. We are standing by to help fix the problem and get your ice cold fridge again! Hire All Electric Care for fridge repair in Pune and etc.
But it’s not a guarantee! Many factors affect the freezer how long ago, including maintenance and environmental factors. If you learn about the proper care of the freezer, you can ensure you stay cool for a long time. We have the following maintenance tips and more important details about the freezer lifespan.
Estimating the life expectancy of your Fridge-Freezer or freezer
If the average life freezer is 16 years old, what say that about a freezer in your house? Is your freezer one of the “averages” is, or will be broken sooner than most?
Usually depends on these factors:
- Quality: Upscale or a luxury freezer model typically lasts longer than units without top-of-the-line parts. In addition, Mini freezer may not last as long as a full-size home freezer or refrigerator-freezer.
- Maintenance: The 16-year average life of the freezer only apply to freezer maintained by either: (We provide some care tips for you below!)
- Fixed: Some services using aftermarket parts appliance repair or take other “shortcuts” that does not solve the problem of long-term freezer. The simplest solution? You hire a local All Electric Care!
- Usage: If used incorrectly, the freezer will wear out faster. Clear obstructions from the vents freezer, kept between 0 and 5 degrees Fahrenheit, and avoid overfilling the appliance.
- Environment: If you have a fridge in the garage, on the outside, or even next to a sunny window, it is more likely that your unit will have a shorter lifespan. Keep your freezer from extreme temperatures and humidity.
Interested in the average age of other household appliances? We have expectation Appliance Life Chart and guides.
How to Treat You Right Freezer
Freezer cold you keep your ice cream. Do you really want to ignore this dear tool?
The first thing to keep in mind: Never ignore the signs of freezer failure, like slow ice maker or a strange noise. Reaching as reliable expert in the area of All Electric Care. If preferred, you can schedule service online at a time that is best for you.
Here’s how to help your freezer to help you:
- Always clean up spills in the freezer immediately.
- Defrost and clean the deep-freezer every six to eight months with soap and water. Avoid chemicals such as bleach or acid-based products.
- Keep the freezer between 0 and 5 degrees Fahrenheit, unless otherwise specified in the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Check the condenser coil, thermometer calibration, and wiring conditions every year.
- For more maintenance tips, including measures for commercial freezers, consult us Freezer Maintenance Checklist.
Just as the life expectancy of a refrigerator-freezer or chest freezer depends, in part, on maintenance, so that the optimum energy efficiency. A major benefit side following the above guidelines is to save money on your monthly electric bill. This is especially important if you are old enough freezer-as might have been a bit inefficient since the first day. See other related tool tips to save energy at home.
And, speaking of the old freezer-give the whole kitchen a retro feeling with vintage paint colors suggested by All Electric Care is a brand, and we recommend them for nearly any home painting service.
Do You Know Your Freezer History?
If you personally buy your freezer, it’s easier to predict how long it will take for you to know the full history. If you move to a new place that already has a freezer in it, you probably know how old this tool, but it’s hard to tell if it was misused or well maintained. Either way, you can focus on caring for or call a pro relied upon to repair the freezer when needed.
If you want to know how old your freezer, look for a sticker or plate that shows the model and serial number. (This may be at the back of the device.) This area should tell you what the date of manufacture is. If not, look for the brand name, model, and serial number online.
All Freezer Electric Care Services
Do we give advice like this or fix your freezer; All Electric Care is pleased to help keep your home comfortable, efficient, and safe. The next time you need appliance repair or maintenance, let the team know All Electric Care easy local or online service schedule. If you require any fridge repair in Kolkata, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad and etc.