Before starting this article we must clarify that making money online does not imply that it is fast money. Following this slogan we will only get to scam websites, since there is no easy way to do it.
When we talk about effective ways to make money online we mean working from home and receiving a decent profit for it or investing efforts in a project that will later generate passive income. In both cases it involves effort and dedication.
In this article we are not going to recommend pages where you must fill out hundreds of surveys to receive cents. We will present real alternatives through which you can offer products or services from home and earn income alternatively.
1. ELECTRONIC COMMERCE
E-commerce presents endless possibilities when it comes to making money, since it is not even necessary that you have a company or initial capital to enter this dynamic.
In addition to being able to sell your own items on platforms such as eBay, Amazon, Wallapop, or any other, you can also sell other people’s products and earn a commission for it.
This is how the Amazon affiliate program works, through which the company assigns you a specific code or link that you must share on your social networks or on your website.
If any user ends up buying the product that you promote through your personal link, you will receive a commission for each sale made. You just have to work so that your site generates user confidence and has the necessary scope to make sales.
In addition, you can also have your own online store and sell items from other companies through drop shipping. In it your page works as an e-commerce platform, only that you do not manage the inventory but the supplier company. It is necessary that you maintain contact with your clients, solve their concerns and manage an organized database.
You must offer excellent customer service to stand out from the competition!
2. VIRTUAL ASSISTANT
The truth is that the structure of an office is becoming more expendable within a company. Currently, many entrepreneurs who are starting a project are involved in multiple meetings, appointments and commitments that they must handle with great order and responsibility.
That is why virtual assistants are being highly demanded today to manage calls, agreements, schedules and reservations. Although you can do all this from home, your client will ask you to respect an office schedule where he can contact you and be able to focus all your concentration on a series of tasks. Therefore, keep in mind that your autonomy will be limited to one schedule, although you will not need to go anywhere.
Now you can take advantage of your talents, your passion and professional knowledge, providing your services online. From translations, graphic design, technical support, legal, financial advice, to writing, programming, etc.
There are platforms through which you can offer your services independently in exchange you must give a commission on your payment.
Pages like Upwork and Fiverr, represent intermediaries that connect you with clients such as companies or small Startups that need specific services and even constitute a team with people who have the knowledge or talent in something particular.
These platforms are safe and reliable, they work through a system in which you must gain experience and provide an excellent service to receive good feedback. This will increase your online reputation to have a better chance of being hired.
It should be noted that the competitiveness in these environments has grown enormously since people consider the idea of working from home very attractive. However, in order for it to be truly profitable, you should consider the following:
● When you start, you should offer your products at low prices while building your reputation and gaining experience on the site.
● You must keep up to date with the latest trends in your professional area to be competitive among hundreds of candidates.
● Our home is full of distractions and interruptions. If you don’t set a time to dedicate to online work, a simple task could take even longer to complete than if you were in an office. So discipline is the key to making working from home profitable.
● Look for alternatives to improve your profitability, consider a platform for international payments that allows you to handle different currencies and have lower commissions than a conventional bank.
● During a month you can have 5 or more clients and a lot of workload and suddenly stop receiving proposals. That is why we recommend managing your income wisely and maintaining it as a complementary activity and not as your main source of income.
● In the absence of a formal employment contract, clients can stop giving timely responses or not have the same level of priority between projects without any sanction or justification, so it is not sustainable enough to fully live on it.
4. CREATE AND MONETIZE YOUR OWN WEBSITE
Before it seemed very complicated to have a web page, but now there are thousands of tools that facilitate the process. Anyone can have a website, but not everyone makes it profitable. It is a process that requires a lot of dedication where you will have to invest effort and money if you want to do it well.
The reward of making it profitable is that it will represent a passive source of income for you and once it is positioned, you will not have to spend so much time on it. Among the ways to monetize a web page we can mention:
● Include advertising through Google AdSense. There you can earn money for each view or click that a reader makes to an advertising banner within your website.
● Create your own blog where you share useful information on a subject that you are passionate about and know, of course, it must be related to your website. As the community recognizes you as an expert in the area, you can collaborate with related companies to recommend products and / or services and earn a commission for it.
● Sell a course, webinar (e-book), e-book or digital advice if you are an expert in any area. It will take time to create all the material, design the marketing strategy and structure it, but once it’s done, all you have to do is focus on selling it.
Austin belongs to the finance department and he is working with a well-known company where he supports Instant Economic License Abu Dhabi. He also writes articles on a different niche to share his experience with the world.